We are rooted in camaraderie, challenge, success & reward
The founders of Northstar Location Services, LLC, doing business as The Northstar Companies (“Northstar”), bring over 50 years of collection industry experience as the former owners of Great Lakes Collection Bureau, Inc., and North American Capital Corporation. Well-known for its commitment to its employees and to quality client servicing, Great Lakes Collection Bureau grew to become one of the largest collection agencies in the industry.
Keeping with these same principals for success, Northstar is a third generation organization established in 2001. Northstar achieved our certified women-owned status in August, 2009.
Our suite of services includes first and third party debt collections, customer care programs and location services. Northstar has a reputation for providing unparalleled service to its clientele and remain innovators in the receivable management industry. From the collection team to the support departments, at Northstar we work together to exceed client expectations with exceptional performance and a strong commitment to quality service.
Northstar has been the proud recipient in recent years of many accolades from the business community. We were recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Collections in the large company category and we were also recognized as one of the Top Private Companies in Western New York.
Northstar is the recipient of wide-ranging client honors and awards, including, but not limited to Agency of the Year, Agency Program Champion, Best Overall Operations, Compliance Award, Market Share Champion, and Quality Award. With a workforce of experienced and motivated professionals, Northstar continues this trend of success.
In June of 2012, Northstar expanded our reach by establishing our Canadian office. This division of our organization offers our global clients both a U.S. and Canadian presence. Northstars’ Canadian entity, Northstar Location Services, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northstar Location Services, LLC.
Certifications & Awards
- Certified Women Owned – WBENC
- ISO 27001 Compliant
- SSAE 16 Type II Compliant
- PCI DSS Compliant
- Six Sigma
- Master Black Belt
- Champion Green Belt
- 14 Certified Green Belts
- Client Award: Outstanding commitment to Quality and Client Support
- Client Award: Outstanding Audit Results
- Client Award: Best Overall Operations
- Client Award: Top Performer – Best in Class
- Client Award: Outstanding Performance
- Client Award: Agency of the Month
Average Industry Tenure
- Executive Management: 30+ years
- Collection Management: 18+ years
- Information Technology: 25+ years
- Associates: 11+ years
The Northstar Charity Fund allows employees to make charitable donations via payroll deduction that is donated to local and national non-profit organizations to assist them with their goals and objectives. The Northstar Needy Family Fund works with local organizations in helping those less fortunate throughout the year.
- American Heart Association
- Boys and Girls Club of Western New York
- Bryce Buchholz Memorial Skate Park
- Cancer Wellness Center*
- Food Bank of WNY*
- Friends of the Night People, Inc.
- Harvest House
- Hospice Foundation
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society*
- March of Dimes
- Mercy Flight of WNY*
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute*
- St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital
- St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy*
- SPCA of Buffalo*
- The Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Foundation
- Our Lady of Victory Services